Thursday 22 January 2009

Work work work, pub club sleep

Heard the White Lies album yet? I quite like it. Not everything on it though, it's a bit fancy-i-am-from-england-so-i-am-móst-definitely-cool, but it's not a waste of your time to give it a listen. Cut my hair today. Highlight of the week? I fucking hope not!

Here's a list of a few (recent) albums i do nót like after waiting for months and months.

Bloc Party - Intimacy:

Wow, dissapointment. Dissatisfaction. They seem to have sold their guitars and bought a handful of synthesizers. I tried to like it, i even tried to listen it without thinking 'what the fuck happened to this band'. Shame. I'm done.

Be Your Own Pet - Get Awkward:

Now this is a band i was really fond of. I still like them, don't get me wrong. It's just that, the second album sounds like they've written it in a week or 2. There's only one track i really love; You're A Waste. The rest? Quite boring to be honest. The split wasn't a surprise.

Now for the GOOD stuff. Obviously this was alot easier.

Sebastien Grainger - Sebastien Grainger & The Mountains:

Damn. I was a bit depressed after the DFA1979 split, because they were one of my favorite bands.

Beck - Modern Guilt:

Crazy, crazy Beck. What a great album, what a great single, and wów, a-ma-zing artwork. I like the black 'n'white photo, but i especially like the typography. Simple but fucking sweet.

Eugene McGuinness - Eugene McGuinness:

To be continued

No comments: